Change in insurance contract
What you need to do in case of a changed clause in your insurance contract?
Generali Insurance strives to maintain good partnership with each of its customers. The goal of the company is to keep its partners always informed. In this regard, the company presents useful information for every customer, about what actions are needed to be taken in case of a changed clause in your insurance contract.
1. If you have Casco insurance concluded – Family Casco or Business Casco:
It is necessary to inform your Insurer in written, informal. This can be done in a branch of the company, where the insurance is concluded, in case of:
- Changes in specified in the insurance policy identification data of the vehicle and data for its registration (such as basic color, VIN number, plate number, etc.), as well as the condition of the vehicle;
- Changes in specified in the insurance policy address and/or telephone number;
- Changes in the ownership of the vehicle, as a result of its transfer to another person by sale, gift, exchange or otherwise;
- Every significant change in the usage of the vehicle.
When transfer an ownership of the vehicle, the new owner is required not later than 15 days from the date of the transfer to inform the Insurer and to provide the original insurance policy and the vehicle for inspection. After completion of inspection by the Insurer, an annex to the insurance contract is issued on the name of the new owner.
Every change in the insurance policy is made by agreement of both parties. For every change has to be issued an annex to the insurance contract, which has to be signed by the Insured and the Insurer and is an integral part of it.
2. If you have MTPL concluded:
In case of change in ownership of the vehicle, the insurance contract of MTPL is not terminated. The previous owner of the vehicle is required to provide to the new owner all documents about the insurance policy. The previous and the new owner of the vehicle shall inform the Insurer within 7 days in written about the transfer.
3. If you have Household insurance concluded:
It is necessary to inform the Insurer in written, informal, during the term of the insurance contract for every change in the data written in the insurance policy: address or mailing address of the Insured. The written notification shall be made not later than 5 days from the date of occurrence of the circumstance or changes in the data.
Any changes in the insurance policy shall be made with agreement of both of the parties, as well as when the Insured has informed the Insurer for changes in the data or circumstances specified in the insurance policy and/or are with high importance for the risk. For the changes has to be concluded an annex to the insurance contract which is signed by the Insured and Insurer and is an integral part of it.